The CP AoR provides remote support through a helpdesk and through designated regional focal points.
CP AoR Helpdesk
The helpdesk is a remote support service for members of the CP AoR, including field-based child protection coordination groups. The query service and/or the peer-to-peer support is provided via the following communication channels:
- Forum for Child Protection Coordinators and Information Managers (listserv)
- Child Protection Coordination and IM Skype Group
- CPAoR.net website
- CP AoR email
To give an idea of the level of support provided, the CP AoR has received 708 requests related to technical support and guidance or other coordination-related information between June 2016 and October 2017, an average of 41.6 requests per month. Top technical requests include such topics as: assessment, measurement, and evidence; capacity building; case management; unaccompanied and separated children & family tracing and reunification; and child protection minimum standards. Currently, 99% of all helpdesk requests received a full, complete response, with a few pending due to limited global guidance or relevant country examples.
Critically, the analysis of such information plays a vital role in shaping global policy and guidance developments. When gaps in guidance or examples are noted, there is strong commitment to take further actions to fill these technical support gaps. The helpdesk currently works with and provides referrals to CP AoR regional focal points for coordination and IM, and to Alliance working groups and task forces.
For any questions related to these communities of practice, the CP AoR resource repository or for specific queries related to an IA child protection response, please contact the CP AoR helpdesk at email@example.com.
For more information, click here>> for a 1-pager on the CP Aor Helpdesk.
Regional Focal Points
Designated Regional Focal Points for coordination and information management provides in-depth, technical advice and support on child protection coordination issues. In addition to providing inductions to new CP Coordinators / Co-coordinators / Information Managers, Regional Focal Points also provide advice and support on questions related to:
- Sub-Cluster activation, transitioning and deactivation process, cluster functions, principles and responsibilities, co-leadership arrangements, and sub-Cluster strategy formulation, etc.
- Preparedness and situation monitoring, linked to country criticality tools
- Humanitarian Programme Cycle processes and joint programming (e.g. HNO, HRP)
- Information and data management
- Inter-organizational assessments, situation and response monitoring
- Inter-organizational advocacy, resource mobilization